St. Paddy’s day is coming up, and if you’re like us, you can’t wait! St. Patrick’s day is one of our favorite holidays and we want this to be one of the best ever. Check out all of the different events occurring all across Carroll County.
Celtic Music and Guinness
Veteran Irish rockers Barleyjuice will be coming back to Westminster yet again this year, and they’re still rocking hard!
Get Your Irish On!!
Posted by Barleyjuice on Saturday, July 28, 2018
Barleyjuice will be performing at the Carroll Arts Center on both March 15th and 16th starting at 8pm. General tickets cost $30 while children, senior, and student tickets cost $27.
A Fun Night at O’Lordan’s
What could be more Irish than spending your St. Paddy’s day at an authentic Irish pub? O’Lordan’s will be serving a special menu, and seating is first come first serve, no reservations.
Everything you need to know about St. Patrick's weekend.
Local band Three Sheets and the Wind will also be performing at O’Lordan’s from 5-9pm.
The Annual St. Patrick’s Day Dance
Come out and join Ravens Roost 135 in their annual St. Patrick’s Day Dance! There’s going to be a cash bar, door prizes, 50/50, a DJ, and light refreshments.
Tickets cost $15, and all persons must be 21 years of age or older. Call Fred Mojica at 410-984-3455 or Parker Leimbach at 410-804-8600 for tickets. The dance will be held at the Taneytown American Legion, 9 Broad Street Taneytown, MD 21787.
St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans
Bring the kids out to the Eldersburg, MD branch library on March 15th at 10am for fun stories, crafts, and activities. Only children need to register.
Drink Specials at The County Cork Wine Pub
Drink specials begin on March 14th and will run through March 20th. They will also be having many food specials as well like: corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie, and Irish shrimp salad.
They say it comes in like a lion, but we’re still feeling lucky! March brings fun holidays and more opportunities for us to celebrate with our favorite people—including you!
Super Specials at the Mt. Airy Inn
The Mt. Airy Inn will be having specials all weekend. Come check out the Inn and try some of their Irish classics like bangers and mash and Guinness Beef Stew.
Today marks the start of Lent and we have you covered. Come out an indulge in one of our Fresh Seafood Selections, Brick…
The Mt. Airy Inn is located at 1401 S. Main St. Mt. Airy, MD 21771.
An Irish Experience at Milkhouse
Milkhouse Brewery will be hosting a fun St. Patty’s day event complete with live Irish music and dance, and authentic Irish cuisine. The event goes all day on Saturday March 16th from 1-8pm.
Irish Fun Facts
We all love the fun we have on St. Patty’s day, but St. Patrick’s day has a long and rich history. Lets learn a little bit about the history and culture of the holiday.
- St. Patrick’s Day honors the Roman Catholic patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick.
- St. Patrick died on March 17th, 461, giving us the date for the holiday.
- St. Patrick wasn’t Irish! He was actually born in Roman controlled Britain and was brought to Ireland as a slave. He eventually escaped slavery, but came back to Ireland later as a bishop and is known for Christianizing Ireland.
- The three leaf clover, or “shamrock” as it has come to be known, is what St. Patrick used to help explain the concept of the Holy Trinity.
- Chicago began dyeing its river green in 1962 to celebrate the holiday, and they still do to this day.
- The first St. Patty’s day parade ever was in New York in the 1760’s.
- There are over 100 St. Patrick’s Day parades all across the United States, the largest of which are in New York and Boston.
Happy St. Patty’s Day!
No matter where you live in Carroll County, or what you plan on doing, make sure you have fun and you stay safe! And make sure to wear green, or else you might get pinched!